Crostata with Nutella Filling


To all the mothers and grandmothers out there, wishing you all a very Happy Mother's day! I won't be cooking today as my family is taking me out for some authentic italian pizza, yum!!!

I will however share my crostata recipe with you, I have decided to use Nutella for the filling instead of fruit or jam this time. Here is how it is made:

Ingredients:

2/3 cup of butter
1 2/3 cups of flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
Grated zest of 1 lemon
Nutella - as much as will fit

Method:

Mix the flour and sugar together and set aside. Cream the butter and mix in the egg. Add flour mixture a little at a time adding in the lemon zest as well. Let dough rest for about a half hour.

Cut dough in half. Roll out first piece and place in a round pie like baking dish. Spread Nutella and cut strips from the remaining dough and place on top of Nutella. Bake at 350 until golden brown. Cool and serve with a sprinkle of icing sugar.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts